The model 77C Drill from Haybuster has the ability to plant many different varieties and sizes of seed into all types of planting conditions, ranging from heavy residue no-tillage to minimum tillage and conventional tillage fields.
It plants 7 ft wide and is perfect for smaller wildlife plots and renovating pastures. The 77C is a towable unit and requires just a minimum of 35 hp to operate, depending on terrain and soil conditions.
The two-compartment hopper offers the flexibility of seeding with dry fertilizer, seeding alone, or planting two different seeds.
Haybuster Row Opener
Built for accuracy and versatility.
- Accurate depth control is maintained by the packer wheels and the parallel linkage.
- Depth control adjustment.
- Pressure springs provide from 125-300 lbs. (61.24-136.08 kg) of down pressure to adapt to carrying soil conditions.
- Optional native grass attachment include an agitator, a large convoluted hose and special seed boot.
- Optional drop tube assembly with convoluted hoses.
- Optional coulter depth bands help control disc opener depth in soft soil conditions.
- The ground drive wheel is now wider assuring accurate seeding in all conditions.
Versatility for Use in a Variety of Seed Bed Conditions
Haybuster’s grain and grass drills are truly all-purpose drills. They will seed a wide variety of seeds, from warm and cool season grasses and legumes to small grains and soybeans. Up to three different products can be metered simultaneously at different rates (when the optional legume box is attached). Choose your combination: three seeds, or two seeds and dry fertilizer. These drills work well in all conditions, including conventional, minimal till, no till, and pasture renovation and reclamation projects.
Two Seed Boxes
The 77C has teo seed boxes with individual metering. The third box (from) is the optional legume box. The three seed boxes provide the flexibility to plant up to three different seeds, or two different seeds and dry fertilizer can be applied at three different rates.
Infinite Rate Adjustments
Rate adjustments are infinite and simple on both the seed boxes and the legume box. New plastic seed cups.
Easy Pull-type Transport
Narrow transport width is convenient for narrow gates and roads. Single drill transport width is the same as seeding width. Built-in transport wheels easily pivot 90 degrees to transport position.
Find a Haybuster Dealer
- Lead Coulter System: Lead coulter blade is offset 1 ½” in front of dual disc, allowing for cutting of trash and penetrating the soil.
- 7” Row Spacing: All Haybuster drills plant with 7” spacing and each linkage is offset 9 ½” for planting in heavy residue.
- Infinite Seed Rate Adjustment: Easy to set, each box has infinite seed adjustment for accurate seeding rates, no matter what seed you’re planting.
- Down Pressure System: Each linkage has simple downpressure adjustments from 135 lbs. for conventional seeding up to 300 lbs. for no-till application.
- Depth Control Adjustment: Simple, solid depth control adjustment on each linkage.
- Mechanical Drive System: Wide, aggressive lug-type tractor tire drive wheel, for positive ground contact, to assure accurate planting.
- Cast Iron Linkages: Built of heavy-duty cast steel, the Haybuster drill linkage is even more durable than ever. The cast steel makes the overall drill even heavier, which is always a positive when reseeding pastures and all no-till applications.
- Three Seed Boxes: The Haybuster drills come standard with two seed boxes with individual metering. The third box (front) is the optional legume box. With the legume box installed, Haybuster drills are capable of planting three different seeds at three different rates.
- Legume Box: Haybuster drills can be equipped with a third seed box designed for accurately feeding and metering small seeds and legumes. Also available with longer hoses and seed boots for shallow seed placement.
- Native Grass Attachment: Haybuster drills can be equipped with dual seed agitators, large seed hoses and seed boots for accurately planting light, fluffy bearded seeds such as native grasses.
- Single Bottom Agitators: Prevent bridging of seeds near feed wheels to maintain flow of seeds. It is standard equipment with the Native Grass Kit or can be ordered separately for the rear box.
- Depth Band: Bolted on to the coulter to limit the maximum seeding depth.
- Brackets to mount two barrels for extra weight.
|Total||3,600 lbs. (1,632.9 kg)|
|TRANSPORT & WORKING DIMENSIONS|
|Overall Width||7' 7" (2.31 m)|
|Height||6' 2" (1.88 m)|
|Road Clearance||7 in. (17.78 cm)|
|Front tire type||Implement|
|Front tire size||9.5 L x 14" (35.56 cm)|
|Rear tire type||Implement|
|Rear tire size||7.60 L x 15 (38.1 cm)|
|Hydraulic Lift Cylinder||Standard equipment|
|SEED & METERING|
|Molded Seed Cups with Wind Gards and|
|Tripple Width Seed Wheels in Rear Seed Box|
|Seed Box||12 Bushels (423 liter)|
|Feed System||Infinitely Adjustable Meter|
|Fertilizer Box||930 lbs. (421.8 kg) 11.5 Bushels (405.25 liter)|
|Walk Board Size||10 in. x 88 in. (24.5 cm x 2.24 m)|
|Walk Board Type||Steel Safety Grating|
|Seed/Fertilizer Hose Type||Rubber Convoluted|
|Seed/Fertilizer Hose Size||1-1/4 in. (3.18 cm) ID|
|CAST SEED OPENERS|
|Seeding Row Spacing||7 in. (17.78 cm)|
|Seeding Width||7 ft. (2.13 m)|
|Number of Seed Openers||12|
|Opener Type||Coulter-Disc Offset Opener|
|Coulter Lead Distance||1-1/2 in. (3.81 cm)|
|Opener Spring Pressure Range||135 lbs. to 300 lbs. (61.24 kg to 136.08 kg)|
|Opener Travel Range||10 in. (25.4 cm)|
|Disc Soil Penetration Range||Up to 3 in. (7.62 cm)|
|Coulter Lead Distance||1-1/2 in. (3.81 cm)|
|Coulter Size||5/32" x 14 in. (4 mm x 35.56 cm) dia.|
|Disc Size||3/32" x 14 in. (2.4 mm x 35.56 cm) dia.|
|Disc Bearings||Heavy Duty - Sealed 3/4 in. (1.9 cm)
Double Row Ball Bearings
|Types||2 in. x 15-1/2 in. (5.08 cm x 39.37 cm) Steel|
|REQUIREMENT FOR OPERATION|
|Horsepower Requirements||35 HP Minimum - Dependent upon terrain and soil conditions|
|Tractor Weight – Must be of equal or greater weight than that of the drill filled with seed|