The 107C Grain Drill is designed to seed No-Till, Minimum Till, or conventionally tilled fields. The two-compartment hopper offers the flexibility of seeding with dry fertilizer, seeding alone, or planting two different seeds.
The model 107C Drill from Haybuster remains the most popular drill on the market.
It is great for planting in erosion control applications, such as roadsides and land development.
The primary customer uses the 107C for pasture renovation. It is the perfect size to get into most gates and allows you to drill up to five acres per hour. Hitches are available for endwise transport of multiple 107C Drills.
Haybuster Row Opener
Built for accuracy and versatility.
- Accurate depth control is maintained by the packer wheels and the parallel linkage.
- Depth control adjustment.
- Pressure springs provide from 125-300 lbs. (61.24-136.08 kg) of down pressure to adapt to carrying soil conditions.
- Optional native grass attachment include an agitator, a large convoluted hose and special seed boot.
- Optional drop tube assembly with convoluted hoses.
- Optional coulter depth bands help control disc opener depth in soft soil conditions.
- The ground drive wheel is now wider assuring accurate seeding in all conditions.
Versatility for Use in a Variety of Seed Bed Conditions
Haybuster’s grain and grass drills are truly all-purpose drills. They will seed a wide variety of seeds, from warm and cool season grasses and legumes to small grains and soybeans. Up to three different products can be metered simultaneously at different rates (when the optional legume box is attached). Choose your combination: three seeds, or two seeds and dry fertilizer. These drills work well in all conditions, including conventional, minimal till, no till, and pasture renovation and reclamation projects.
Two Seed Boxes
The 107C has two seed boxes with individual metering. The third box (front) is the optional legume box. The three seed boxes provide the flexibility to plant up to three different seeds, or two different seeds and dry fertilizer can be applied at three different rates.
Multiple Drill Options
The 107C may be set up with 2 or 3 drill hitches that provide endwise transport. Built-in transport wheels easily pivot 90 degrees to transport position.
Easy Pull-type Transport
Narrow transport width is convenient for narrow gates and roads. Single drill transport width is the same as seeding width. Built-in transport wheels easily pivot 90 degrees to transport position.
Infinite Rate Adjustments
Rate adjustments are infinite and simple on both the seed boxes and the legume box. Has new plastic seed cups.
Find a Haybuster Dealer
- Lead Coulter System: Lead coulter blade is offset 1 ½” in front of dual disc, allowing for cutting of trash and penetrating the soil.
- 7” Row Spacing: All Haybuster drills plant with 7” spacing and each linkage is offset 9 ½” for planting in heavy residue.
- Infinite Seed Rate Adjustment: Easy to set, each box has infinite seed adjustment for accurate seeding rates, no matter what seed you’re planting.
- Down Pressure System: Each linkage has simple downpressure adjustments from 135 lbs. for conventional seeding up to 300 lbs. for no-till application.
- Depth Control Adjustment: Simple, solid depth control adjustment on each linkage.
- Mechanical Drive System: Wide, aggressive lug-type tractor tire drive wheel, for positive ground contact, to assure accurate planting.
- Cast Iron Linkages: Built of heavy-duty cast steel, the Haybuster drill linkage is even more durable than ever. The cast steel makes the overall drill even heavier, which is always a positive when reseeding pastures and all no-till applications.
- Three Seed Boxes: The Haybuster drills come standard with two seed boxes with individual metering. The third box (front) is the optional legume box. With the legume box installed, Haybuster drills are capable of planting three different seeds at three different rates.
- Legume Box: Haybuster drills can be equipped with a third seed box designed for accurately feeding and metering small seeds and legumes. Also available with longer hoses and seed boots for shallow seed placement.
- Native Grass Attachment: Haybuster drills can be equipped with dual seed agitators, large seed hoses and seed boots for accurately planting light, fluffy bearded seeds such as native grasses.
- Single Bottom Agitators: Prevent bridging of seeds near feed wheels to maintain flow of seeds. It is standard equipment with the Native Grass Kit or can be ordered separately for the rear box.
- Depth Band: Bolted on to the coulter to limit the maximum seeding depth.
- Brackets to mount two barrels for extra weight.
- Field hitches for one or multiples of two, three, and four 107C drills.
- Endwise transportation hitch.
|Total||4,200 lbs (1,905.1 kg)|
|TRANSPORT & WORKING DIMENSIONS|
|Overall Width||10 ft 5 in (3.18 m)|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Road Clearance||7 in (17.78 cm)|
|Front tire type||Implement|
|Front tire size||9.5 L x 14 (35.56 cm)|
|Rear tire type||Implement|
|Rear tire size||7.60 L x 15 (38.1 cm)|
|Hydraulic Lift Cylinder||Standard equipment|
|SEED & METERING|
|Molded Seed Cups with Wind Gards and|
|Tripple Width Seed Wheels in Rear Seed Box|
|Seed Box||14 Bushel (493 liter)|
|Feed System||Infinitely Adjustable Meter|
|Fertilizer Box||1,100 lbs (499 kg) 13.5 Bushel (375.7 liter)|
|Walk Board Size||10 in x 8'-6" (24.5 cm x 2.59 m)|
|Walk Board Type||Steel Safety Grating|
|Seed/Fertilizer Hose Type||Rubber Convoluted|
|Seed/Fertilizer Hose Size||1-1/4 in. (3.18 cm) ID|
|Seeding Row Spacing||7 in. (17.78 cm)|
|Seeding Width||10 ft 6 in (3.2 m)|
|Number of Seed Openers||18|
|Opener Type||Coulter-Disc Offset Opener|
|Coulter Lead Distance||1-1/2 in. (3.81 cm)|
|Opener Spring Pressure Range||135 lbs. to 300 lbs. (61.24 kg to 136.08 kg)|
|Opener Travel Range||10 in. (25.4 cm)|
|Disc Soil Penetration Range||Up to 3 in. (7.62 cm)|
|Coulter Size||5/32 in. x 14 in (4 mm x 35.56 cm) dia.|
|Disc Size||3/32 in. x 14 in (2.4 mm x 35.56 cm) dia.|
|Disc Bearings||Heavy Duty - Sealed 3/4 in. (1.9 cm)
Double Row Ball Bearings
|Types||2 in. x 15-1/2 in (5.08 cm x 39.37 cm) Steel|
|REQUIREMENT FOR OPERATION|
|Horsepower requirements||A minimum of 50 hp is required to operate the drill, depending on terrain and soil conditions|
Tractor must weigh more than drill plus full seed containers.